Sunday, September 11, 2005

Social Distortion

Traffic lights. Lots of 'em.  Hate 'em, especially when it is a hot day and my car aircond is not working plus I'm late for an appointment! Sometimes I feel stupid you know. Here I am stopping at a red traffic light waiting for it to turn green when actually there is no other car passing by and it's already 3AM in the morning.

It feels like the other driver passing by at the opposite road is saying, "Hey stupid, just drive on! There's no car driving thru! It's 3am dude! There's no traffic police either! Who are you anyway? An angel!? Just drive you moron!"

And to add pressure, 2 more car are now lining behind my car. Probably saying the same thing, "Just drive man, there's no traffic, don't waste my time!"

But maybe it's just my thought. My negative thought to be exact. Nowadays traffic lights are more sophisticated. They got this digital counter to tell you how many seconds before it turns to red or green again. I like it, especially when I'm at the front, watching the red digit countdown..3..2..1..GO! Just like F1 racing! And when it's blinking green, from afar I know I got only 10 seconds to drive thru. Well I think traffic lights aren't bad after all. It tells me when to stop or go, or to slow down or get ready to go.

I wish in life there is some sort of traffic light to tell me when to stop or when to go at doing something. So I feel a little secure when it is green and knowing its red to do something. Life is like a journey. Whatever vehicle u're in, you choose a destiny. And you also got to choose whether to use the highway or the old way.

It doesn't mean that the highway could guarantee you better result but I guess it's easier and proven. But challenges lies everywhere. And no life is life without challenges and obstacles.

And it's good to have signs also. It's easier to know where we're heading in life to reach our destiny. Just like in the roads, I see signs that read, "turn left", "turn right","sharp turn ahead","winding road","Stop","No entry","one way", etc.etc.

If there is some sort of signs n traffic lights to guide our path in life, would it be good? I do not know. Maybe God have already given us signs but we could not see it or we have ignored it.

But even though there are signs n traffic lights in the roads, some people just won't follow. They don't stop at the red light and they don't bother to follow or even bother to read the signs.

Me, I have several times ran over red lights and some signs. Why did I do that? At those point of time maybe I just don't bother or I'm taking a calculated risk or I'm simply in a brief stupidity mode.

Looking back at my life, there are things that I've done or didn't do even though that the signs or warnings are at my awareness. Why? Simply because I'm not perfect. And you know what they say that rules are meant to be broken!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home